Partly occupied property reduction

Where a property is partly occupied for a short time, in certain circumstances, we can apply to the Valuation Office Agency to award a temporary reduction for the part that is not in use.

This relief can only be awarded for a maximum of 3 months, or 6 months in the case of industrial properties.

This relief is generally considered where there is a phased occupation or vacation of the premises and applies to temporary changes only, as permanent changes should result in a change in the actual rateable value in the local rating list.

Apply for partly occupied property reduction

If you think that your business is eligible, please contact us.

In most cases we hope to deal with your application in about a week, sometimes we may need to write to you for more information, and if you are successful a new bill will be sent to you showing you your new balance.

If you have applied for a partly occupied property reduction you must continue to pay the instalments on your last bill until you receive a new one. If you don't do this it may mean you get a reminder or even a summons.

Keeping us informed

Properties are inspected on a regular basis. However you must still tell us when there is a change of circumstances.

We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Show ACCEPT COOKIES / DECLINE COOKIES option